Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Do or Do Not
Have you had a defining point in your life where you realize just what you’ve been missing out on? A couple of months ago I had an opportunity to be the accompanist for the musical The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby, and I loved every minute of it. It challenged me creatively as well as mentally and emotionally. Think about trying to get thirty teenagers to stop talking long enough to listen to you, and then actually do what you tell them to, that’s no small feat. I had the chance to utilize my musical skills in more ways than one, I got to transpose the songs to the right key for multiple instruments, as well as put in all the transitional pieces, and I even had the chance to offer my opinion on how to make the songs artistically better than they were to begin with. It was such a big turning point for me. For four years I have been wondering what happened to my life. I felt no drive to try new things or even continue with the things I loved to do. I had even stopped reading anything for about two and a half months, and for me that is a very long time. I started out doing the show just to help out a friend, but after weeks of working on it, it reminded me what I love about my life, and what I love to do. I lost that for a long time, I don’t ever want to lose it again. I want to say to anyone who has something that they love to do and dreams they want to fulfill, face your fears and try your hardest, make the time to do what you love. It will change your life. The only regret you’ll have is if you go through life without taking the chance to make your dreams come true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful piece. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThank you Dad.
ReplyDelete