Monday, June 7, 2010
Living to work
Do you ever feel like you're wasting your life? Sometimes I wonder if what I do on a daily basis is worth anything. I'd like to quit my job and spend all my time with my family and those who care about me. I would if I didn't have to make a living. What ever happened to working to live, not living to work? I don't try to live like that, but somehow unconsciously that's how it seems to end up, it feels like I live to work, despite my efforts to make it different. I don't want that to be how my life is, that everything revolves around my job. Sometimes I feel like that's all there is, wake up, get ready, go to work, come home, sleep, wake up, get ready, go to work...etc. Seriously, there is more to life, I know there is, and I try to make my time mean something, be worth something, but is it? Do I make a difference? Have I done anything worthwhile with my time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, you have!! You and Heather give my kids joy simply by hearing your names. When they see you nothing else matters, no one else matters only their aunts Heather and Suzy. That makes everything worthwhile. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! I'm glad I make them so happy! I love you too!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean. I feel like all we do is work, eat and sleep, and there's never enough time for the eating part. Rest assured however, that you make a tremendous contribution to everyone in your life. Take me for example, I have these huge stretch marks on my face from smiling when I get to talk with you.
ReplyDeleteI Love You!
Thanks Daddy! Love you too!
ReplyDelete